(Subject to County Leadership)
1. The Precinct Chair shall:
- Direct Party affairs within their respective Precincts.
- Organize and preside over their Precinct Caucus.
- Assist the campaigns of Republican nominees’ (candidates unopposed by other Republican candidates) campaigns. Distribute election related materials within the precinct on behalf of the Republican Party and its nominees at the request of the County Chairman.
- Assist the County Chairman in the recruitment of poll-watchers, election judges and volunteers for other county events.
- Organize and direct Get-out-the-vote (GOTV) programs.
- Attend County Central Committee meetings.
- Direct County fundraising programs in the Precinct and, together with the Precinct Treasurer, be responsible for all funds collected from precinct members.
- Serve the Party generally, when needed, with events and general operations, at the request of the County Chairman.
- Participate in the governance of the County Party by faithfully attending meetings of which each Precinct Chair is a member. When unable to attend an official meeting, it is expected that the precinct chairman will notify the county chairman or secretary in advance.
- Serve a 2 year term (from the date elected to the adjournment of the precinct caucus in which a new chair is elected).
3. The Precinct Secretaries shall provide notice of precinct meetings to members, prepare agendas, record minutes of meetings at which the Chair presides, and shall maintain historical documents.
4. The Precinct Treasurer shall receive, account for, and turn in collected monies to the appropriate organization as directed and shall submit a financial report at each meeting of the precinct.
5. The powers and responsibilities of the other Legislative and Senate District chairs and Precinct Officers are as delegated by their county leadership and respective chairs.
This text should assist the members of the precinct in holding the Precinct Officers responsible for the discharge of their duty. Please feel free to contact these officers and make sure we’re doing our duties.